Top 10 favorite words in the Italian language so far. Mostly because they’re so fun to say.
10. arrivederci = “see you later” to a group
9. un francobollo = a stamp
8. zuppa = soup
7. conoscere = to know a person or place
6. una cartolina = a postcard
5. rumoroso = noisy
4. una melagrana = a pomegranate
3. assaggiare = to try a new food (yes, they have a specific word for that)
2. innamorato = in love
1. luminoso/luminosa = filled with light, luminous
(I challenge you to create a sentence using all of those words.)
Arrivederci (now you know what that means!),
P.S. Pictured above: (1) a view of roofs in Cortona; (2) glorious prints and maps with which I want to cover my future house– the one on top is Venetia, Venice.