I needed to stay on my feet yesterday evening ’cause my muscles would cramp up if I crashed on the couch, so I decided to bake! I made the — now legendary in my house — Oatmeal Honey Bread, and mixed up my favorite Banana Bran Muffins while the bread was rising. The muffins are another Eating Bird Food recipe, Brittany has so many good ones.
Hearty Banana Oat Bran Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (I’ve made this recipe once with Wholesome Sweeteners Cinnamon Agave like she recommends, but I can’t find it Omaha! Only, surprisingly, in Davidson.)
- 1 egg, and 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Line muffin tin with liners or coat well with cooking spray
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
I keep coming back to this recipe. They’re moist, spicy, just the right amount of sweet, and finding a raisin is such a nice surprise. As a side note, I bought organic raisins this time, and they were huge! And really tasty, too. None of that dry, shriveled SunMaid crap they tried to give you for a snack in elementary school. ;)
Now for a little randomness. I put together a lil’ list of things I’d love to have this fall. Some are realistic….. some, less so. So if anyone’s feeling superduper generous……. :)
-Let’s start by being extravagant. I’m obsessed with this bike by SF company Public. In chartreuse (!) or cream. Swoooooon.
-Adorable “Darling Dots Dress” at Madewell, in red, of course.
–This long sleeve running tech for when the weather gets cool.
-And a raincoat! Practical as can be, and I don’t have one. Love it in light blue or red.
What’s on your wish list for fall?