I have to admit, for the past two days I’ve been dragging. I crashed after work yesterday, overslept my alarm this morning, basically inhaled my coffee once I made it to work, and have had the (sugar craving) munchies all day. And now I feel like I could pass out again! I would do anything to beam myself back to my hammock in Wyoming.
Yesterday I wasn’t scheduled to run but I knew I had to do something to get out of my funk, so I put on my Guilty Pleasure Playlist (below) and took a really easy jog once around the park. Being out in the fresh air and getting smiles from other runners and walkers helped immediately. And after the gentle 2.5 miles, my body was like… what? I’m done already? Then I ate some salmon and peaches with vanilla ice cream and did a lil’ yoga flow. It was very nice. :)
So I’m gonna do the exact same thing today, thanking God that my body knows to perk itself up with exercise, but also that the distance scheduled is only three miles… cause, well, I’m a tired lady.
In case you need a pick-me-up as well, here’s the GPP, aka music’s version of ice cream.
- Speed of Sound – Coldplay
- Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Bublé
- Good Life – One Republic
- Straight Away – Mat Kearney
- Swallowed in the Sea – Coldplay
- Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey Rae
- San Francisco – Brett Dennen
- Keep Your Head Up – Andy Grammer
- Houdini – Foster the People (<– they are all SO attractive)
Total time: 34.6 minutes.