I leave for Italy in 36 days. Working four days a week until then, that’s 16 days to make lists (my favorite :), pack, learn as many Italian phrases as possible, exchange addresses with all my friends, make an airplane playlist, and narrow down which books to pack… the hardest job of all.
One book that will definitely be going with me is E.M. Forster’s A Room With a View.
It’s about a young lady’s adventures in Florence and my sweet friend Nate surprised me with it as a parting gift. He annotated the margins with all sorts of wonderful tidbits, and left this for me on the last page… (yes I flipped to the last page to see if anything was written.)
“Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life.” I have no doubt that it will.
Other reasons for happiness/excitement:
- I finally bought the Lululemon Bliss Tank (in white/gray) that I’ve been wanting all summer. Next on the saving-up list: a Spiritual Gangster tee (this one), and a set of Mala beads. I can’t wait to do those 108 sun salutations on some balcony overlooking Florence. Swoon.
- Tomorrow is my mom’s birthday and we’re having a fun little family celebration. I got her the perfect gift.
- This song.
- I’ve escaped the gym and am running on a trail (finally!) with my friend Tom this evening. Long run recap to come tonight.
- I made a friend at Lotus. Her name is Lena and she goes to the same Wednesday night chakra flow as I do, she works at the Med Center, and she’s completely adorable and awesome.
- I got some zinnias at the market as an early b-day present for my mama. They’re smiling at me from the kitchen counter.
I just had an idea… making that list was such a positive experience that I’m going to do a weekly roundup of things to be happy about, with links and songs and stuff. Shouldn’t be too hard to come up with. :)